Monday, April 25, 2011

Nothing To Brag About

I believe God blessed me to be good in studies and I too put lots of effort in it. Since primary school I have always been an above average student. I do not consider myself smart as there are others better than me.

When I scored 5As in UPSR, my parents gave me RM50. As I entered secondary school, I was placed in the 1st class and I always managed to be top 10 with a total percentage of more than 80%. When I scored 7As for PMR, my parents gave me RM350 and RM900 for straight 9As in SPM.

My parents never really complimented me for being a top student. I still remember one incident clearly during form 1. I got number 1 in class whereas my friend got number 8. For her, her parents bought her a Hello Kitty platinum necklace. For me? Hmm, I think my mum said "Good."

I never remembered my dad ever coming to my school on report card day except during form 6 and that was because I forced him to. I scored the highest CPGA and I wanted him to come and see my hard work.

Perhaps my parents think I could do better than my elder brother? And come to think of it, my parents did not really compliment my brother also except for cash prices during PMR and SPM.

Well, I did this post is not to brag about how smart I am. This are God's blessings. This post just happened to come into my mind when recently a friend of mine posted in FB saying his/her dad is going to buy an Iphone 4 as a graduation present.

Anyway, I think my brother and I both received our present already way before we graduated. A car to drive =)



.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Receiving monetary gifts for hard work is not necessary. Though your parents never really showed it, I bet they are really proud of you :D

Work hard because you want to do your best. Work hard because you want to glorify God. Not for an iPhone 4, for a new bike, or anything else.

:)

p.s: Waaaaa. Really quite geng hor in school? :P

J e n n Y said...

Just saying out some random thoughts. Not geng haha. This are all God's gift to me =D

c e c i l i a said...

congratzzzzzz jennnnnnnnnn :)
diff parents diff mer.............
like how Audrey's parents and your parents :)

But one day you would thanks them for what you had become today, my lil jennnnnnnnnnnmmyyyy :* :* haha